My name is Henk Jordaan and I have several motivations for building this site:
- I am in my sixties with many qualifications under my belt and several careers behind me.
- I am an NLP Practitioner, a Spiritual Counselor and Minister of Religion and have done many related courses.
- Past careers include Programmer, Salesman, Manager, Executive roles, Wine Maker and farmer. Currently I build websites.
- I have been through Successes and Failures and have given deep thought to how my life should go forward
- At 61 I became a father of a beautiful boy and like any father I would like to pass on to him what I have learned and I suspect that like every child he will only take in a small part of it. Nevertheless, given my age there is a risk that I will be denied this pleasure and duty, so I hope this site will help.
- I believe the life lessons and training I have is of universal value.
- Everyone has a book in them and this is mine. I don’t think I will ever publish it in any other way.
- I hope to make some money out of it somehow, some day.
I began a section on Milestones that shaped my Thinking. The piece is a bit self indulgent but some of the experiences, courses, dramas and people I have met that influenced me are summarized there.
I started my career life thinking ‘in the box’ with a mindset to study towards a qualification and then become a something… A Lawyer, Accountant, Psychologist, Author, Journalist etc. They were all on my early list of what I wanted to become, but I’ became’ many other things… a programmer, salesman, manager, farmer, wine maker, NLP practitioner, writer, Internet marketer and more.
The world is not static, and nor are we. Careers are seldom forever. Companies don’t last forever. Job security is a myth, an illusion. Times change. We change. We are good at some things in our youth and at others as we grow older. We have to keep up with both the world and the changes in ourselves.
We fool ourselves about our own capabilities, thinking that we can do anything when we are young and when we are older whe think that we are past it long, long before we are. We think that once we have a qualification it is valid forever and don’t realize that it can date and make us less qualified and the qualification less relevant.
From other people my eyes were opened to endless career opportunities for all ages, some requiring years of formal education and others attainable in a short time.
But the site is also about making sure one lives a balanced life, giving 9 Life Purpose areas the attention they demand for life fulfillment, and that leads to the concept of Living Life with Purpose.
This site is about letting people see through doors … to see opportunities that are not always obvious… to deal with obstacles and to take decisive action towards a self shaped destiny.
Disclosure: I hope to make a bit of money through advertisers on this site and will probably in time place some affiliate links on it which means if you should click on a link and buy something, there is a good chance that I will get commission.
So where do the Friends come into this?
While I have half a lifetime of experience under my own belt it is still a vastly limited world view, so I have invited and will continue to invite friends and strangers to contribute, all to help visitors dig to find the tools to Live Life with Purpose.
I sincerely hope and believe that thinking individuals, life coaches and people who have “done it right” will get involved and guest post on this site. Feel free to contact me if you want to contribute and promote your own site in the process.
I want to build a huge network of people who want to live Life with Purpose and have their own thoughts on the matter!
Maney Hill Road, Sutton Coldfied, Birminham, UK B72 1JU